torsdag 28 oktober 2010

It's time to play...

Name that Larva!!!



I am still shuddering in disgust after finding this little guy ON A PLATE in the cupboard when I innocently wanted to heat up some pizza. My initial reaction, of course, was take a picture of it (with my macro setting!!) so I can identify it after I kill it... Then I took a really really big bunch of toilet paper and smashed it. And you know what?? That little shit curled up like a roly poly and was still alive! Like any humane person, my next move was to douse it with Ajax Universal Fettlösande Supereffektiv Frisk-scented cleaner. I feel really bad killing it by drowning it in chemicals but it does not belong here! It is probably surviving anyway (which is why I'm leaving it soaking like this for several hours).

So, do we need to clean out the cabinets? Is there a colony of somethings living in there and infesting the kitchen? Will they crawl into our ears and start families in our brains? What is this thing? My first thought was a baby silverfish but if you search them you get all these NASTY microscopic images (microscope views of living things have always grossed me out so I couldn't even touch that page in the biology book without wincing). Speaking of wincing, when googling, this came up. I don't think I could have handled finding something "3+ inches." Did you see the picture linked in the answer?

Soo, can someone identify this nasty bug?


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar