söndag 17 oktober 2010

I Löv Fall

It is fall in Göteborg, the weather is crispy (C the Swede's words), and the smell of löv is in the air...

Löv = leaf/leaves.... *chuckling* Plays on words is the local Göteborg humor... Just trying to fit in.

Anyway, in this "autumn" this week has been in the 30's, 40's. I've already worn my hat that covers my ears with the cord on each side...(not the white Russian hat, hahaha) peruvian beanie? ear flap beanie?
Usually I don't pull this out until, uhh DECEMBER. But no, not in Sweden. I've seen some locals wearing hats too but no one in a hat like mine... I ask if they're dorky here and no one gives me a straight answer, but they say they like it. I don't care!!! It's the only type of hat I've ever tried that actually keeps my ears warm, instead of merely covering them. Function over form!

Then the weirdest thing about the weather is that it was probably 40 tops one morning around 11, and I was in shorts and a tank top on the (magical) balcony, basking in the sun. The outdoor heater was not on, so I was really confused, but I just basked anyway. I don't think they usually have this much sunshine here, I was told it rains all the time, but it hasn't been the case in the past few months!

Håkan Hellström, this famous Swedish musician who is from Gothenburg, just came out with a new CD. In what I've heard in his older music, he makes a lot of references to Göteborg in his songs, and at least a couple of his videos are set in the city. Here's a new happy song and happy music video in which you guys can see the happy place I live! He just walks around the city the whole time... Saves me from having to post pics!

The first 30 seconds is within a 10-minute walk from my apartment so I guess you could say it's my hood... And the church scene in the first like 10 seconds, that's pretty much the street my building is on.




Enjoy! (And come visit!!)

PS. Isn't he just adorable??

2 kommentarer:

  1. Did you take that stunning photograph? I totally watched the video from beginning to end, and I trust your life is just as picturesque! Yay for Sweden!

    SvaraRadera
  2. I did not take that photo, not even close! Hah... I just found it online... Maybe one day I'll take one like that and replace it, but for now this one will do! :) I'm glad you liked the video, yay!!

    SvaraRadera