onsdag 9 november 2011

Room Progress

Today was pretty awesome. A guy who works at the place I'll be working came and spent 2 hours on my room. He cleaned it and got my bed all fixed up. Still waiting on some furniture. My room has french doors (obviously, this is France). But really,  it used to be a living room or something. The entryway between my room and the next one was boarded up and covered with some fancy curtains.



There are 6 people living here because the Latvian guy is actually a Latvian couple. I met the girl and she is really nice! Everyone is nice. Of the 20 people working at my future job, maybe half are French. I'll be completing my project (still don't know what it's about) with a team of 3 French girls and a French leader. So, je vais parler français très bien! Two other volunteers are Swedish, from Göteborg. I'm glad there is some Swedishness for me here!

Looking in the fridges in two apartments, I noticed that each person has their own Camembert cheese. Of COURSE I bought my favorite foods that I used to buy during the Vichy Adventure of 2008, but I will have to be careful with the Camembert this time. Like maybe one pack a week, instead of two. I do not want to repeat the Fatness Adventure of 2008. Meet a 20lb heavier me:


That mail was definitely not sent by whole dairy products.


A lot of the fat sat in the hip/thigh area, not (ever, hopefully) pictured. Buying new jeans all the time gets expensive, especially if Mango is the only one carrying your size. And giving away never-worn shorts to a much narrower aunt who has had 3 kids is a bit embarrassing. So I'm doing my best... Dinner tonight was couscous with zucchini (with an appetizer of Camembert on biscottes).

One of the roomies is playing guitar and singing. I'll have to become her friend and ask for partial rights to the guitar.

1 kommentar:

  1. ok that picture cracks me up! I must have never seen it because when I glanced down and saw it my first thought was that oh my she's gained a little weight. Happy to know that its an old one. And happy you're in France!

    SvaraRadera