onsdag 16 november 2011

New Favorite Cheese

BREAKING NEWS !!!

I have a new favorite cheese.

I did not discover it in France, no... I had it for the first time in Göteborg. I bought it from Linnégatans Ostaffär to which I received a gift certificate a long time ago from a very intuitive significant other.

It's a sheep cheese! Fromage de Brebis. I believe that brebis means "ewe." It is produced in the Pyrenees. Since my pack of cheese is unfortunately not with me in bed right now, we'll assume mine was also made there. In one evening I've already consumed about a third of the 250g package! When I first tried it I was so surprised by its deliciousness and unique taste, so upon seeing it at the store I just had to get it!



The cheese looks pretty standard but somehow I recognized it from across the store. I do think the color/texture combo is a bit special, or else maybe I am just obsessed!

This one is a little aged but still tender with a subtle kick of the very interesting flavor. Pretty sure I noticed a tiny tiny hint of a goat cheese taste with a sweeter edge! The texture is solid but still pretty soft, so it sort of melts in your mouth. It is soooo goood!!! I eat it plain but surely it's amazing tons of other ways.


So go out and check out this cheese!

Anyone tried it? Thoughts?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar