tisdag 8 mars 2011

Weather Widgets = Wishing for Wagles in Wichita

I knew I shouldn't have done it, it does more harm than good...

Yeah, I looked up Wichita's weather when it isn't blizzarding there. Something I really try to avoid doing unless I'm there to enjoy it. I just wanted to get excited for Spring; that's what you're supposed to do in March!!! I tried it first with my local weather but the 40's+rain+snowflakes(?) just didn't cut it, didn't get me excited. To get excited for the Spring I'm used to I will have to wait until April here. Or maybe it will come in June...

What's worse than looking the weather up, is putting the "widget" up on my computer so whenever I check Gothenburg's weather I can see how much more pleasant and warm my family in Wichita has it. Pleasant reminder every day that says, "Don't forget to be homesick!!"


The top row is C and the bottom is F. I have to keep that Fahrenheit around so that when I am back home I'm not a weirdo that can't judge whether I need a coat for 45ºF weather, for example. People would think something was wrong with me. It also helps me learn about C! I'm very rusty on the warm Celcius measurements since it's been SEVERAL months since I've experienced any.

Well right now the weather is about the same but it is 5am in Wichita and noon here. I want to be in Wichita on Friday, instead of here in the sleet. :( This is why I shouldn't have looked up this weather, because I will probably "want to be in Wichita" at least one day every week for the next..... 9 months. I hope to actually be there in the fall though, yay!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar